About Just Jen!

Highland, Ut
Joyfully married to Pete. We have 6 incredible kids. 5 girls and 1 boy!! I live a simple life, in a simple home..drive a simple car..etc. etc. and thats the way I like it! I'm surrounded by lots of family. 16 siblings and all of our kids together ,.as of now.. a total of 35 kids and 3 on the way. Of course Music is our life...but other than that I love the outdoors,...camping, hiking, site seeing etc. Reading,.playing around with my kids...traveling by car...singing with my sisters,...and so much more!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

bad fruit.....



I just got back from another AMAZING choir rehearsal!!
And I was surprised towards the end when our director read this great quote from Brigham Young (which I will get a copy of the next time I see her) about OUR BAD FRUIT... how when things are not right in our lives... we feel we need to VENT... or share our OPINIONS and we share our bad fruit with others. Brigham Young says in a wonderful way how we should just let those fruits stay where they fall..... be SILENT... and ONLY let GOOD FRUIT come out of our mouths.

A TROUBLE SHARED IS A TROUBLE DOUBLED!! Isn't that SOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE!

In the preparation for about 300 and sumthing women for an experience that I know we will remember for the rest of our lives... I thought that this particular subject was an interesting one that was brought up and so perfectly shared.

We all live oh so different lives... but to have something like that for us to take home and ponder about til our next rehearsal... its like 'WOW'
the MUSIC and the SONGS and the INDIVIDUALS...SINGING those songs makes a difference in HOW it will be RECIEVED by those who will hear and listen.

-I've learned from this experience so far to ADD to a room instead of TAKE away.

-I've learned to let the bad fruit in my life fall silently where they may and not feel the need to share that bad fruit with the excuse of needing to VENT or share my OPINION...cuz in the end the trouble certainly DOES DOUBLE! I've seen how that is true in every sense of the word thru my own experience with such a big family as mine.

-I've learned to let what I feel in my HEART (whether I'm singing or not) show up in my FACE and EYES.

And most importantly since we've started this rehearsal....

-I've learned that MY SAVIOR FORGIVES ME FOR GOING INACTIVE THIS SUMMER... AND BECUZ OF HIS LOVE...HE's INTERVENED...AND KNEW THAT THIS EXPERIENCE WOULD HELP ME FEEL...AGAIN... THAT WONDERFUL,... FAMILIAR SPIRIT...I'VE MISSED SO MUCH OF LATELY. Its funny how far away you can feel in just a couple months............so in simple terms I've learned or have been reminded that the LORD still loves me and wants me back!

5 comments:

Mike Beltran said...

I love it!! I want a copy ASAP!!....Venting...I hate that word!!...lol....

Keep sharing stories and experiences like this because it it uplifting!

Ana said...

Well jen! thanks for this post..i really need to do that too! I guess sometimes it just feels good to vent and i make excuses for that but this thing about the "bad fruit" has really got me thinking ... I don't wanna be that person..thanks i will definitely use that from now on!!

Adhis said...

I'm guilty as charged. If I didn't vent, it would be a long time before I could post anything on my blog. Hmph. Something for me to think about...

but don't expect drastic changes this year! ;)

Katharine Wolfgramm Wilson said...

What a great blog sis, I've never thought of Venting in that sense, but it makes sooo much sense..so in my endeavour in becoming a better human being I will take this great knowledge and try and apply it to my life....letting the bad fruit silently fall where they may...and that is definitely a TRY...so forgive me in advance if I falter and post a Vent/Blog....thanks again sis,this really got me thinking as well!

Sunni said...

Wow. Thanks for sharing dude. I've definitely got to work on that one. Love you Jen!