About Just Jen!

Highland, Ut
Joyfully married to Pete. We have 6 incredible kids. 5 girls and 1 boy!! I live a simple life, in a simple home..drive a simple car..etc. etc. and thats the way I like it! I'm surrounded by lots of family. 16 siblings and all of our kids together ,.as of now.. a total of 35 kids and 3 on the way. Of course Music is our life...but other than that I love the outdoors,...camping, hiking, site seeing etc. Reading,.playing around with my kids...traveling by car...singing with my sisters,...and so much more!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

feeling somber...


alright..so I never thought I'd be affected by the people who live where I work.
Yesterday I entered work where a disturbing scene was taking place. During breakfast one of the residents choked on her food, fell unconcious and the nurses did all they could to resuscitate her til the paramedics came. She past away when she arrived @ the hospital. Her name is Larena Friant. She had beautiful red hair,.. and was a pretty straight forward and loving woman. She was I think 93. I had just helped her fix her closet door just the day before.

Then today I come into work and another beautiful soul had just barely passed in her bedroom. Leona Tillman. After family members left,..I went in and had a quiet moment by myself as I looked and touched her and thought a few thoughts about LIFE and DEATH. I was surprised that I wasn't scared. I lifted the sheet and felt her hands and feet,..touched her forhead...then looked at the pictures of her and her family...and thought she must have lived a wonderful life. She too was in her 90's. I was surprised her body wasn't as stiff or cold as I thought it would be.

I didn't get to really know Leona like I wished. She could hardly talk. But I guess it doesn't really matter whether you knew that someone or not. There's just a feeling of love and appreciation for any human being who leaves this earth,...it makes the thought that every child of God on this earth really is so special............. I am happy for the both of them who are now pain free and with their loved ones on the other side.

2 comments:

Adhis said...

A lot of people don't realize this because they are too afraid to look, but Death, like Birth, is its own beauty.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Sunni said...

What you wrote in this blog is why I love you Jen! Your capacity to love, strangers or not, is amazing.