About Just Jen!

Highland, Ut
Joyfully married to Pete. We have 6 incredible kids. 5 girls and 1 boy!! I live a simple life, in a simple home..drive a simple car..etc. etc. and thats the way I like it! I'm surrounded by lots of family. 16 siblings and all of our kids together ,.as of now.. a total of 35 kids and 3 on the way. Of course Music is our life...but other than that I love the outdoors,...camping, hiking, site seeing etc. Reading,.playing around with my kids...traveling by car...singing with my sisters,...and so much more!

Friday, August 8, 2008

lifes surprises!

i think its interesting what life throws at you sometimes. Just when you think 'everything' is 'nothing'...then something GREAT happens and you begin again to appreciate what and who is around you...and you start feeling confident about going on with life.
Then just when you think things are great and dandy....you find yourself in an 'un-intended situation..or maybe not even a situation,... maybe just a feeling...that icky feeling of wishing certain things never happened....whether your the cause of it or not...

I just had an amazing week with my sisters....well the older ones I grew up with. I have great respect for ALL of them... I'm just closer with the older ones...its the generation thingy.
Anyhow... we had fun hanging out. My sister Moana flew down from Hawaii...we spent a couple days practicing for our performance...and thats always so much fun as we joke and tell stories...despite all the ruckus from the kids... (there are 19 kids between us 5 sisters)..and yep they are all there running around...fighting..making wierd noises...laughing....ughhh..it really is a miracle that we can still put a show together with all that.

So the show went great... I loosened up a little more this time, after seeing what a stiff wad I was at our New years eve performance...and Ireally enjoyed myself.

We sang for some old folks @ the assisted living facility I work at the next day. I think we enjoyed it more than they did. These people are so special...you don't even know.

Oh...my sister Kat had her baby the day before the show....so we were back and forth visiting @ the hospital....practicing...trying to keep the kids in check....it was crazy....

Its good to have sisters you can trust and rely on.....forever!! We had a blast.
The batteries fo my camera went missing...and I've been super bummed,...didn't get any pics...
I'll have to wait and get copies to post from my other sisters.

I won't go into the sour part of the week.... I guess its good to just stay positive.

4 comments:

Mike Beltran said...

Life...without surprises in it, then your dead.

The end.

Sunni said...

I wish I could have been there to see you guys! (And not just for the Jack Johnson tics...although that did kill me to know I could have had them, I mean thats like offering you Prince tics! Well, not quite the same, I've never OBSESSED over Jack...) Ha!

Ana said...

Hey jen!
I wish i could of been there at the "my sisters" concert i always am like a week off ..of being there maybe we can plan around if you guys do it again next year!!!
sorry about the bummer part of your week ... life sure does throw you surprises.. sometimes ones you wanna throw back!!!! well hopefully things will get better on that part... well anyways luv ya guys!!! miss ya!

Lyla And Company! said...

hey there, it was sooo good to see you all...i am sad we missed your show, you know how it is when you are surrounded w/ family you havent seen in a long time. Anyways, how is Kat and baby doing? hope both are healthy and happy. sounds like you all had a great show and I really want to get you girls back east...please keep in touch and send my love to all the family and tell Moana I have been dreaming of her cinnamon rolls! love you all! Lyla