About Just Jen!

Highland, Ut
Joyfully married to Pete. We have 6 incredible kids. 5 girls and 1 boy!! I live a simple life, in a simple home..drive a simple car..etc. etc. and thats the way I like it! I'm surrounded by lots of family. 16 siblings and all of our kids together ,.as of now.. a total of 35 kids and 3 on the way. Of course Music is our life...but other than that I love the outdoors,...camping, hiking, site seeing etc. Reading,.playing around with my kids...traveling by car...singing with my sisters,...and so much more!

Friday, August 22, 2008

Ohhh George!!

Tomorrow I'm gonna go to work and get a pic. with George!!
George is a special special old man I've really gotten to know.
I guess what drew me to him was the pictures on his wall that showed he
served a mission in Samoa.

As I started to ask him questions,. I found out he served in Tonga as well.
...15 years BEFORE Groberg did. He served in Tonga for 4 yrs. and became
district president in Nuku-alofa..where my dad is from.
He apparently knew alot of my family!!
After serving there,. he was called to Samoa with his wife.

I've gotten to know so much about his life,..his family...his farm...and his accomplishments...
Talking to him has really made me miss my grandparents...and I wish I would have
talked with THEM the way I do with George.

I'm amazed by him... and I ADORE him...I can't imagine taking a boat everywhere and having to learn on your own... the language of the islands....

As I was working...one of the nurses stopped me and asked if I could do a favor.

I guess George is not doing so well.. and declining each day. So with that...he's been hard to deal with and not being too nice to them....BUT...when she told me he asked about ME...and wanted to talk with ME... I was a little taken back. She asked if I could go in and make him feel better....

So I did!!! And had a wonderful conversation... we even got teary eyed and I wiped his tears from his face.... I just LOVE that man.....

KUDOS to GEORGE CRAWFORD

2 comments:

Katharine Wolfgramm Wilson said...

He sounds like an awesome person...there's definitely something to say about old people.. I wonder if you were to ask him if he knows George or Hap McCune,who also served in Samoa...that's the gal Grace who I used to visit-teach husband and father-in-law..he past away about 3 yrs ago when he was 99 yrs old....so nice to hear your experiences working there...

Sunni said...

Oh, I love old people! I was so close to my grandparents and because of that I gravitate to old people...what a fun job jen! I'm sure they all love you to death!