About Just Jen!

Highland, Ut
Joyfully married to Pete. We have 6 incredible kids. 5 girls and 1 boy!! I live a simple life, in a simple home..drive a simple car..etc. etc. and thats the way I like it! I'm surrounded by lots of family. 16 siblings and all of our kids together ,.as of now.. a total of 35 kids and 3 on the way. Of course Music is our life...but other than that I love the outdoors,...camping, hiking, site seeing etc. Reading,.playing around with my kids...traveling by car...singing with my sisters,...and so much more!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

falling rock...

A couple days ago..Olimpia came home from Young Womens camp. She told me all about her trip and mentioned how a huge falling rock hit her and landed on her right arm and rolled off... I was surprised, looked at her arm...saw the bruises and then continued to ask her questions about all the little details.

What a DUMB mother I am.... I knew it was a miracle that it didn't land on her head. But it just didn't really REALLY soak in til the next day. I was just a ponderin' bout life...and then what she told me came to me again...and I started to panic so to speak.

That ROCK could have hit her HEAD....then EVERY possibility of 'COULD HAVE BEENS' came to mind...the could have been 'nightmares'....
And I sure felt guilty for not seeing that as something to go to the Lord for...and to give THANKS for watching over her that day!

There our countless close 'run ins' of danger of many kinds... some we over look...call it lucky,..and we move on with our lives. But I wonder sometimes how many of those 'close encounters' are really miracles...and if we could look past the veil.. how many special angels there are protecting our way...even on a daily basis.

I know some of my special angels are my grandparents...on both sides..but specifically grandma and grandpa wolfgramm.....

I hope to never make this mistake again...and be sure fall straight to my knees and give thanks and recognition to the protector and savior of us all.

gnite

4 comments:

Sunni said...

Oh I know, almost everyday with Ty I say little "Thank you for keeping him alive" prayers. That boy gets into crazy situations so quickly... I'm so grateful Limp's cute little head was spared.

Katharine Wolfgramm Wilson said...

I don't doubt that there are prolly many many special angels that are assigned to us and protect us from those accidents...Wow, just you recognizing that about Olimpia says something about you being in tune,I think there's been some things like that with Kingston and I never think of what could've really happened...but I'm glad she's okay...Prayers really create miracles and it's comforting to know that we literally can call upon our Heavenly Father to truly watch over us...What a great story for her to write in her journal..It reminds me of the many many times that I would be so intoxicated with booze and wonder to myself the next day,how I even drove home or the very fact that I'm still alive,believe it or not,even when I wasn't even worthy of having the spirit etc, I still had this gratefulness in my heart and knew that I was being watched by above or perhaps like you said,maybe even our grandparents or family members that have passed on...thx for sharing the FALLING ROCK story...

Anonymous said...

Ya I almost crashed the other day on our way to a party for work and for some reason we didnt.....hmmm maybe someone likes me up there. lol. But ya I think that's why we are supposed to pray everyday and give him thanks because we probably dont know when we are being saved or protected..

There For Tomorrow said...

I hated that moment bounced three hard awful times when I think about it I thought to myself "I am so dumb sitting close to a huge rack wall" so anyways thanx for sharing that hurtfull memory...