About Just Jen!

Highland, Ut
Joyfully married to Pete. We have 6 incredible kids. 5 girls and 1 boy!! I live a simple life, in a simple home..drive a simple car..etc. etc. and thats the way I like it! I'm surrounded by lots of family. 16 siblings and all of our kids together ,.as of now.. a total of 35 kids and 3 on the way. Of course Music is our life...but other than that I love the outdoors,...camping, hiking, site seeing etc. Reading,.playing around with my kids...traveling by car...singing with my sisters,...and so much more!

Saturday, June 28, 2008

help!!

well...I'm up late and posting the pics was not enough.
I took my kids out today right after work and all was fun 'til we got in the car...all of a sudden complaints about how boring our summer has been so far,..and whining about having to do their chores...and flare ups in the back seat about anything and everything......
I just about had it...but I somehow kept my cool,..turned the radio off and just talked and talked and talked. Explaining this and that.......am I the only one doing this all the time?...
I have great kids really...but ughhh...sometimes its just insane....the older ones wanna do this and the younger ones wanna do that....I guess this is my learning curve as I go into a different stage in the parenting process...learning how to handle the tweens vs. the younger ones. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Mike Beltran said...

sure...bring JJ and Natalia to me for the summer and I'll spoil them rotten..you worry about the older ones....problem solved!!

Lyla And Company! said...

I had this problem alot too...my 7kids range in age from 6-23 years old! When they were younger and we seriously had zero silini! hahaha...we would take advantage of the free stuff...like pet stores, parks, friends pools, or even the church...it had ac and a court! We also did the rent 4 movies in one day make cookies and popcorn and play the no sleeping game and watch all the movies! It is hard to entertain all of them...sometimes I would say that each kid could have a friend over...one a week...I only did this a couple of times! It got a little crazy! The matinee movies, and I think Utah still has drive ins right? We always did that when I was younger and I loved it! You can also come up w/ some cool ways of serving others in need...like make a special treat and do the whole doorbell ditch thing and watch the family/person act surprised...you catch my drift right? Anywho theres just a few ideas, hope you all stay cool and have a fun summer!