About Just Jen!

Highland, Ut
Joyfully married to Pete. We have 6 incredible kids. 5 girls and 1 boy!! I live a simple life, in a simple home..drive a simple car..etc. etc. and thats the way I like it! I'm surrounded by lots of family. 16 siblings and all of our kids together ,.as of now.. a total of 35 kids and 3 on the way. Of course Music is our life...but other than that I love the outdoors,...camping, hiking, site seeing etc. Reading,.playing around with my kids...traveling by car...singing with my sisters,...and so much more!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

time for a visit...

my new job has been so rewarding so far...I pretty much get things done quickly,..then I sneak into the rooms and just sit and talk..ask questions and learn about the lives of these amazing people.
Today during a couple of conversations..I got teary eyed when I mentioned my grandma..and how I regret not visiting her as much as I should have. These folks get visits from their children and other family members...but not as much as they would like. You would think they all know each other..but they don't..and the nurses and everyone coming and going is so busy doing their jobs..leaving these folks lonely and wishing for more conversation....
There is a George Crawford whom I've grown to love and respect in such a short time...he served a mission in Tonga 15 years before Groberg did,..his daughter wrote a history of his life,.which I browsed thru while we talked...I can just say..AMAZING...he served many missions..like my own grandpa...and his eyes twinkled and smiled when we made connections...he's the last of his siblings to go..and wonders whats taking so long..hehe..he is 92.
Anyways..I can go on and on..but its probably not interesting to anyone...all I can say..is if you have some free time...go to a nursing home..or assisted living home and just go to hang out and chat with them. You'll start to appreciate them,.and give much props to them for the lives they lived,..the achievements they made..etc. And you'll appreciate and put your own life into proper perspective....this post is for my new found friends...George Crawford,..Beulah Toro (grandma Boo),.Jenny (who never talks,..but I know she hears me)..Charles Stone (was BYU hawaii's music director from 1964-1969),..and Glen Cook who just passed away....Evelyn,..Dorothy West...

No comments: